Residential Services

The Arc in Hawaii has partnered with the City and County of Honolulu and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in providing homes for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). With the assistance of these governmental agencies, The Arc in Hawaii has constructed or purchased four apartment buildings and 17 homes in which residential services are provided to individuals.

Residential Services are only available to those who are eligible for Medicaid Waiver Services. Participants have access to residential settings that include varying levels of supervision and daily care, depending on the individual’s needs and independence. All of the residences are located in the community so that the participants can experience maximum integration within their community.

  • Independent Living Apartments
  • Intermediate Care Facilities for Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID)
  • Domiciliary Homes for Adults with Developmental Disabilities

Applying for Residential Services

Prior to moving in, all participants will need the following items/documents.

  • Arc application for residential services
  • Documented diagnosis of intellectual and/or developmental disability by a psychiatrist or psychologist
  • Copy of social security card
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Photo identification (State ID, passport, etc.)
  • Physician’s order/copy of prescriptions for all medications and/or supplements
  • Self Preservation assessment
  • List of all physicians and the next scheduled appointment(s)
  • Notice of Privacy Practices form
  • Medical History questionnaire

Participants will need to provide the following documents for rent assessment.

  • Social Security/SSI/SSDI award letter
  • Bank statements: checking (6 most recent) and savings (most recent)
  • Pay stubs (6 most recent), if applicable
  • Any other income or asset information (ex: stocks)

Additionally, for ICF/ID and Dom homes.

  • Current tuberculin (TB) test
  • Physical examination
  • Approved Form 1150 authorizing service and move-in (ICF/ID only)
  • Certification for ICF/ID level of care (ICF/ID only)
  • Certification stating that participant does not require professional nursing services (ICF/ID only)